Cheung, S.S. Advanced Environmental Exercise Physiology. Human Kinetics, Champaign, USA, 2010.
- Cheung, S.S. Two-way interactions between mental and physical stressors and their role in fatigue. In: F.E. Marino (Ed.) The Regulation of Fatigue in Exercise. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. Hauppauge, New York, pp. 27-40, 2011.
- Flouris, A.D.* and S.S. Cheung. Reviewing the functional architecture of the human thermoregulatory system. In: A.B. Cisneros and B.L. Goins (Eds.) Body Temperature Regulation. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. Hauppauge, New York, pp. 25-64, 2009.
ARTICLES (*graduate students)
- Taber, M.J.*, N.F. Dies*, and S.S. Cheung. The effect of transportation suit induced heat stress on helicopter underwater escape preparation and task performance. Appl. Ergo. 42:883-889, 2011.
- Basset, F.A., F. Cahill, G. Handrigan, M.B. DuCharme, and S.S. Cheung. The effect of lower body cooling on the changes in three core temperature indices. Physiol. Meas. 32:385-394, 2011.
- Flouris, A.D.* and S.S. Cheung. Thermal basis of finger blood flow adaptations during abrupt perturbations in thermal homeostasis. Microcirculation 18:56-62, 2011.
- Reynolds, L.F.*, C. Short, D.A. Westwood, and S.S. Cheung. Head pre-cooling improves symptoms of heat-sensitive Multiple Sclerosis patients. Can. J. Neurol. Sci. 38:106-111, 2011.
- Basset, F.A., F. Cahill, G. Handrigan, M.B. DuCharme, and S.S. Cheung. The effect of lower body cooling on the change in three core temperature indices. Physiol. Meas. 32:385-394, 2011.
- Grantham, J. S.S. Cheung, P. Connes, M.A. Febbraio, N. Gaoua, J. Gonzalez-Alonso, O. Hue, J.M. Johnson, R.J. Maughan, R. Meeusen, L. Nybo, S. Racinais, B. Saltin, S.M. Shirreffs, and J. Dvorak. Current knowledge on playing football in hot environments – FIFA Position Statement. Scand. J. Med. Science Sports 20(Suppl. 3):161-167, 2010.
- Cheung, S.S. Interconnections between thermal perception and exercise capacity in the heat. Scand. J. Med. Science Sports 20(Suppl. 3):35-59, 2010.
- Cheung, S.S., T.M. McLellan, and S.R. Petersen. Physiological strain and countermeasures with firefighting. Scand. J. Med. Science Sports 20(Suppl. 3):103-116, 2010.
- Flouris, A.D.* and S.S. Cheung. Validity of tympanic and exhaled breath temperature for core temperature measurement. Physiol. Meas. 31:N35-N42, 2010.
- Flouris, A.D.* and S.S. Cheung. Thermometry and calorimetry assessment of sweat response during exercise in the heat. Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. 108:905-911, 2010.
- Flouris, A.D. and S.S. Cheung. Influence of thermal balance on cold-induced vasodilation. J. Appl. Physiol. 106:1264-1271, 2009.
- Cheung, S.S., L.F. Reynolds*, M.A.B. Macdonald†, C.L. Tweedie†, R.L. Urquhart, and D.A. Westwood. Effects of local and core body temperature on grip force modulation during movement-induced load force fluctuations. Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. 103:59-69, 2008.
- Cheung, S.S. Hyperthermia and voluntary exhaustion: integrating models and future challenges. Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab.32:808-817, 2007
- Cheung, S.S. and I.B. Mekjavic. Cold-induced vasodilatation is not homogenous or generalizable across the hand and feet. Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. 99:701-705, 2007.
- Flouris, A.D. and S.S. Cheung. Design and control optimization of microclimate cooling systems underneath protective clothing. Ann. Biomed. Eng. 34:359-372, 2006.
- Thomas, M.M., S.S. Cheung, G.C. Elder, and G.G. Sleivert. Voluntary muscle activation is impaired by central hyperthermia independent of local muscle temperature. J. Appl. Physiol. 100:1361-1369, 2006.
- Flouris, A.D., S.S. Cheung, J.R. Fowles, L.D. Kruisselbrink, D. A. Westwood, A.E. Carrillo* and, R.J.L. Murphy. Influence of body heat content on hand function during prolonged cold exposures. J. Appl. Physiol. 101:802-808, 2006.
- Cheung, S.S. and G.G. Sleivert. Multiple triggers of hyperthermic fatigue. Exerc. Sport Sci. Rev. 32:100-106, 2004.
Applied Health Sciences - Kinesiology