The continued expansion and diversity of our Graduate Studies programming is linked to Brock's growing reputation as a research-intensive university of international calibre.
Graduate Studies will deepen our research culture by developing:
- Dynamic new master’s and doctoral programs
- Unique interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary programs
- New collaborative programs within the University and with external partners
- And increased opportunities for graduate students in areas of leadership skill development, innovation and community outreach.
To pursue such priorities, specific measures being taken by the University include:
- Expanding graduate programming commensurate with our areas of research strengths, particularly at the PhD level
- Increasing the number of graduate-level applied programs in response to University research strengths and demonstrated social need
- Raising the presence of graduate students to 10 per cent of the full-time student population by 2014
- Increasing endowments to support entrance fellowships and “top-up” scholarships, to attract and retain excellent graduate students
- Extending minimum funding at competitive levels to full-time graduate students in all Faculties
- And growing professional development opportunities for graduate students through professional training, internships and related community engagement activities.