These guidelines pertain to Brock University departments, committees or organizations who wish to use the exhibit/display space in the Matheson Learning Commons. The Matheson Learning Commons welcomes exhibits that support/highlight the learning, teaching and research activities of Brock University.
We reserve the right to refuse exhibits, cancel displays, and request removal, if necessary.
Exhibit spaces include 2 display cases inside the Learning Commons and 2 display cases outside the south entrance, along the Thistle Corridor.
When planning your display, please note the following:
- Measurements for the display cases are as follows:
Learning Commons interior: 80" wide x 17.75" high x 12" deep. (200 cm x 44 cm x 31 cm)
Thistle Corridor: 60.5" wide x 16.5" high x 12" deep. (151 cm x 41 cm x 31 cm)
- Please be respectful. Your exhibit should be free of discrimination or harrassment based on race, religion, gender, ability, ethnicity, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- Displays should not be used to promote or advertise, whether directly or indirectly, a commercial product or service.
- Exhibit space is available in 1 or 2 week blocks. Longer display periods can sometimes be accomodated.
- You are responsible for the set up and the dismantling of your display.
- The Learning Commons and the Library will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged materials.
Please submit your proposal via the Exhibit Request form for consideration.
Questions may be forwarded to Evelyn Smith at email@example.com.