Accessing Library Services from off campus
The Library subscribes to a large number of journals and bibliographic databases in electronic format. Use of these electronic resources is restricted to currently registered Brock students, faculty and staff, as required by license agreements signed with vendors. The following instructions will allow easy access to these resources. If you have any questions or problems, please email: email@example.com
Brock students, faculty and staff will use their portal username and password to:
- Access electronic resources from off campus
- Access My Library Account
- Renew items on loan
- Place holds on material checked out
If you have problems accessing your library account, or library resources from off campus using your email/portal username and password, follow the step below:
- Please be aware that your username is typically the first part of your Brock email address up to but not including the @ symbol
- Go to the Brock Portal and log in using your campus username and password.
- If you can log onto the portal above then you shouldn't have any problems accessing library resources.
- If you cannot log into the Brock portal above, you should follow the help procedures listed on this web page or contact the ITS department to have your account activated.
- Once your portal account has been activated above, verify that you can log into My Library Account successfully using the same username/password as above..
- If you have activated your Brock portal account, but still cannot access My Library Account please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Circulation Desk at (905) 688-5550 ext. 4583 during library open hours.
- When contacting us by email or telephone, please provide your full name, Brock ID# and campus username to assist us with troubleshooting.
Access to Library Services for non Brock users
The following library users will continue to use their Library PIN to access library services appliable to them.
- Retired Faculty and Staff
- Community and other Special Borrowers
If you have a problem with your Library PIN, please email email@example.com, or call the Circulation Desk at (905) 688-5550 ext. 4583 during library open hours.
The Library system has certain criteria for acceptable PINs. Please make sure you select a PIN which follows this criteria:
- PIN must be between 6 and 30 characters
- Use alpha / numeric characters only
- Special characters such as $, *, ! etc. are not acceptable.
- Do not use repetetive strings such as ababab or 123123123
For additional help on selecting or setting up a PIN, you may refer to our PIN FAQ.
If your question is not answered above, please Gibson Library Research Information Desk, Circulation Desk, or email firstname.lastname@example.org