Brock recognizes profs for outstanding teaching at Convocation
Published on May 30 2014
First-rate teaching and mentoring that goes above and beyond the norm is the cornerstone of Brock’s reputation for excellence in undergraduate and graduate education.
The Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching is awarded to individuals chosen by selection committees of Faculty members, staff and students from the Faculties of Applied Health Sciences, Education, Humanities, Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences, and the Goodman School of Business. Nominees must have a reputation for superior teaching and be recognized for this quality by students and colleagues.
This year’s recipients are:
- Professor Barbara Seeber, Department of English Language and Literature, Faculty of Humanities
- Professor Kari-Lynn Winters, Department of Teacher Education, Faculty of Education
- Professor Fran Owen, Department of Child and Youth Studies/Applied Disability Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Professor Joffre Mercier, Department of Biological Science, Faculty of Mathematics and Science
- Professor Mary Breunig, Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
- Professor Tejaswini (Teju) Herath, Department of Finance, Operations & Information Systems, Goodman School of Business