Ambassador (volunteer) opportunity
Published on April 11 2014
The Niagara Region and the City of Niagara Falls are proud hosts of the 2014 Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ Annual Conference and Trade Show. FCM has been the national voice of municipal government since 1901. Members include Canada's largest cities, small urban and rural communities, and 20 provincial and territorial municipal associations. We are pleased to welcome over 2,000 delegates and companions from across Canada to Niagara this spring! We are looking for dedicated ambassadors to help run this major event starting Wednesday, May 28 through to and including Monday, June 2. This is an exciting opportunity for ambassadors and we hope you will consider participating with us.
- Available for at least 5 hours each day
- Fluent in English or French
- Energetic, with a positive attitude
- Responsible, reliable, friendly and resourceful
- Able to attend one of three mandatory orientation sessions on Monday, May 26th 9-12pm at MacBain Community Centre, Niagara Falls, 1-4pm at Niagara Region Headquarters, Thorold, and 6-9pm at the Niagara Region Headquarters, Thorold
* Participating as an Ambassador every day is not required, but those who can offer longer periods of time throughout the week and/or day will be given preference.
What we offer:
· A mandatory Orientation Course
· Breaks in the Ambassador Lounge
· One Ambassador shirt
· Food or a meal voucher before or after each 5 hour shift
· A reference for your CV
Regarding Ambassadors with physical challenges or disabilities:
Every effort will be made to allow participation by Ambassadors with physical challenges. Regardless of a volunteer’s physical capabilities, she/he must be able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner in order to best assist conference attendees. A variety of tasks will require Ambassadors to walk great distances, so if movement is a challenge, a stationary job will be assigned. If an accommodation is required in order to enable participation please contact Steve Murphy at 905 685 4225 ext. 3252 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in becoming an Ambassador, we invite you to take a few minutes to complete the application selecting which Ambassador role(s) you are interested in, and your availability during the event dates by following this link: https://www.eply.com/2014FCMNiagaraVolunteerRegistration848511.
If you require further information, please contact Suzanne McPetrie by email at email@example.com or by phone 905-685-4225 ext. 3390.
Planning and Development Services Department
2201 St. David’s Road
Thorold, ON L2V 4T7
905-685-4225 ext. 3390
Toll Free: 1-800-263-7215