Changes to Scholars Portal Search
Published on July 22 2011
A cornerstone resource that has been available to users will soon be getting a new look.
The current Scholars Portal Search interface Illumina, will be replaced with a new one, ProQuest, that promises to deliver a better search experience.
The switchover will occur on Friday, July 29th. Some users who have bookmarked a database or have saved searches via Illumina will then be required to update them.
Preview the new ProQuest interface. We think you will like the new look and features.
The following resources will be affected by this transition:
• Applied Linguistics
• Art Abstracts
• Biological Sciences
• British Humanities Index
• Community Health Sciences
• Educational Administration Abstracts
• Family Studies Abstracts
• Human Resources Abstracts
• LLBA (Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts)
• Peace Research Abstracts
• Physical Education and Kinesiology
• Plant Science
• Political Science
• Public Administration Abstracts
• Public Affairs Information Service International
• Recreation and Leisure Studies/Tourism
• Sociological Abstracts
• Sport Management
• Urban Studies Abstracts
• Violence and Abuse Abstracts
• Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
• MLA International Bibliography
On July 29th any links to the old interface will be automatically forwarded to the version.
This change will only affect the Scholars Portal Search interface and not the multitude of other Scholars Portal services currently available. This means that Scholars Portal eJournals (available at http://journals.scholarsportal.info) and Scholars Portal eBooks (available at: http://books.scholarsportal.info) will continue to provide an enormous selection of full-text resources to Brock users.