Published on April 15 2011
Alumni from the BA and MA programs in Classics have been having a very successful year. Here is news about job postings, fellowships, and internships for some recent alumni. If you know of other news that could be posted here, please let us know!
- Tarah Csaszar has been appointed for a 3-year term as Education Programmer of Greek and Roman Materials at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto where, among other responsibilities, she coordinates children's programs. She has also been involved in producing drawings for Dr. Allison Glazebrook's co-edited volume of essays on Greek prostitution, and illustration and digitization work for Dr. Elizabeth Greene and Justin Leidwanger's study of materials from an archaic shipwreck off the Turkish coast.
- Kiara Beaulieu has been hired as a Field Director of Historical Archaeology in the Planning Division by Archaeological Services Inc. (ASI), one of the largest cultural resource management (CRM) firms in Ontario. She will be leading workers in Fort York in areas under study for the expansion of Highway 407.
- Helen Taylor has also been hired by ASI as an archaeological technician to work on sites scattered through the Toronto area.
- Chelsea Carss will be interning at the Acropolis Museum in Athens this summer.
- Nikki Jago is currently working as a contract Assistant Curator at the Hillary House in Aurora, Ontario.
- Robb Bhardwaj has held a variety of government posts in Victoria, BC in the BC Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Economical, Regional and Skills Development, and the Department of National Defence. He has also worked as Events Host at the Maritime Museum of British Columbia.
- Matt Buell has recently won a fellowship from ASCSA to complete research in Athens in 2011-12.
- Sean Lafferty has received a SSHRC post-doc and will be spending the next two years at the University of Notre Dame.