- About Us
- Departments and Centres
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Centre for Biotechnology
- Centre for Neuroscience
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Department of Physics
- Science Stores
- Academic Programs
- Contact Us
Department of Chemistry
- Group BBQ June 2013
- We celebrate Nick's award for the best oral presentation during the
Inorganic Discussion Weekend in Ottawa, November 2012
- Nikonov's group is working hard during the CSC meeting in Quebec, May 2013
- St. Anne Falls, Quebec, May 2013
- BBQ 2012: Nick, Terry, Courtney, Razvan, Sun-Hwa, Mark, Kseniya, Georgii
- Kid volunteers: Sarah, Stephanie, Oleg, Julia
- Andrey Khalimon has just defended his giant PhD Thesis. External reviewer Prof. Mike Fryzuk.
- Andrey's farewell party.
- No one can stop Oleg Nikonov in attack!
- Group 2010: Georgii (already PhD), Razvan (already M.Eng),Tori (PhD student) Dmitry (PhD student), Nick (summer student), Andrey (PhD student)
- KIDS 2009: Andrey (PhD student), Dmitry (PhD student), Razvan (already M.Eng), Nick (summer student), Georgii (already PhD). Not featured is Oleg (PhD student)....Hmm, he should be in the sand-box then!
- Group 2008: Standing (from left to right): Erik Peterson (BSc student), Sergey Belov(summer student), Somying Leelasubcharoen (PDF), Oleg Shirobokov (PhD student), Dmitry Gutsulyak (PhD student), and Georgii Nikonov Sitting: Andrey Khalimon (PhD student)
- Group 2007: Standing: Oleg (big), Somying, Dima, Oleg (small), Georgii and Julia, Pavel: Sitting: Erik and Andrey
- The Lords of the silylium ions: Andrey Khalimon and Razvan Simionescu and their Bruker 600 MHz friend
- Dmitry Gutsulyak, the master of catalysis
- Somying (Dr L) has just discovered the (to become) famous Somying rearrangement (to be published in Organometallics)
Georgii I. Nikonov
Georgii Nikonov was born and raised in Moscow (Russia). He graduated from the Moscow State University with the Diploma with Excellence in 1992 and got his PhD (adviser: Prof. Dmitry Lemenovskii) from the same university in 1995. After a year of postdoctoral work with Dr. Philip Mountford in the University of Nottingham (UK), he returned to the MSU and took up the position of a research group leader. Since 2005, he is a professor at Brock University. _