- About Us
- Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Borrowing Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer Laptop Lending Policy
- Computer Access Policy
- Correspondence Policy
- Food and Drink Policy
- Guidelines for the Appropriate Use of Library Workstations
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Information Literacy/Library Research Skills Policy
- Photography & Filming Policy
- Privacy and Protection of Information
- Reserve Collection Policy
- Study and Work Space
- Equipment for Loan
- Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Library Access for the Local Community
- Library Donation Policy
- Personal Belongings Guidelines
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Finding Books & Articles
- Borrowing from the Library
- Advanced Research
- Suggestion Box Responses
- Writing & Citing
- Tech Help
Copying and Printing Services
James A. Gibson Library
Copying and Printing Services
5th floor, James A. Gibson Library, 905-688-5550, ext. 3263
Library Copying and Printing Assistants
Aurora Spadafora and Maureen McCart
9:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
Location of Self-Service Copiers
Main floor - near the Schmon Tower entrance (black & white & colour)
Floors 5, 6, 7, 8, - across from the elevators (black & white)
Floor 10 - in Special Collections and Archives (black & white)
When using the Library's copying, scanning, and printing equipment to make copies of works which are protected by copyright, the copying must be authorized by:
- the Copyright Act for the purpose of fair dealing or under other educational exceptions of the Act;
- or, the copyright owner;
- or, in the case of e-journals and e-books, the terms of licences the University has signed with the publishers of those works;
- or, under the licence with Access Copyright.
To assist users with determining what materials may be copied, guidelines have been posted at photocopiers, scanners, and printers throughout the Library. Also, the Copyright FAQ and the University's Fair Dealing Policy provide guidance on permitted copying.
Reusable photocopy cards are available from a vending machine on the main floor and 5th floor of the Library or in the Copying and Printing Services Office. Cards may be purchased for $1.00. Up to $15.00 worth of copying at 10 cents per black & white copy and 20 cents per colour copy. Photocopy cards issued by the Library may be used in the James A. Gibson Library, the Map Library and in the Instructional Resource Centre. They will not operate BUSU photocopy machines (nor will BUSU cards operate library photocopy machines).
Faculty Copy Service
Paper Request Forms are available from the Library Copying and Printing Services Office, or requests can be made by using the Electronic Photocopy Request Form. The charge is $0.12 per page and may be paid for by charging a University account, by cash, cheque, debit/Interac, Mastercard or Visa.
Reusable photocopy cards are available from the Library Copying and Printing Office for $1.00 plus $7.00 for 100 copies or $14.00 for 200 copies.
The Library provides colour copying as a user convenience and makes no guarantees that copies will reproduce all subtleties of the original colours. The copier is preset to make copies which reasonably reflect the colours of the original.
Fee schedule for copies through Self-Serve (Mainfloor copiers)
$0.20 (8 1/2x11)
$0.20 (8 1/2x14)
Fee schedule for copies through the Copying and Printing Office
$0.50 (8 1/2x11)
$0.75 (8 1/2x14)
Transparencies (available through the Copying and Printing Services Office only)
$0 .55 (black and white - in-house transparencies only)
$ .10 per copy
Large Format Printing
What is large format printing?
High quality colour posters, photos, banners and other large format prints produced on the Library’s HP DesignJet 800 PS printer from existing electronic computer files.
|Paper sizes||Normal turnaround times||How to submit your request|
|Paper quality||File formats accepted||Price list|
- 24”, 36” and 42” widths, in any length.
- Economy 20 lb. bond, suitable for most standard jobs.
- 46 lb. bright white heavy stock, for heavy colour fills, and applications such as graphics and presentations.
- 43 lb. heavy stock, photobase, creating photorealistic results, and excellent for full colour display graphics.
- 23 mm. studio canvas (36" wide).
- Other media types available by special order.
- Next business day service, if received by 3:30pm. Turnaround time depends on the submission of a complete, image ready job. Any problems with your job, such as missing images or fonts, or unreadable data, may delay delivery.
JPEG *.jpg, *.jpeg Microsoft Publisher *.pub GIF *.gif Microsoft Word *.doc, *.docx, *.rtf TIFF *.tif Microsoft Powerpoint *.ppt, *.pptx Postscript *.ps Adobe Photoshop *.psd Adobe Acrobat Adobe Illustrator *.pdf, *.ai, *.art Fireworks *.png
How to submit your request
- Fill out the request form, either:
- Once the form is submitted, send your file on CD, USB stick, or as an e-mail attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: After submission of print job, staff will review file and provide you with an estimated charge prior to the file being printed. If this is your first print job with us, we request you be present initially at printing, to ensure that the product is printed as expected. Colours may vary depending on the software. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the files you submit.
Type of Paper Paper Width Price (per linear foot)* Regular 20 lb. bond 24 inch $8.50 Regular 20 lb. bond 36 inch $9.00 Regular 20 lb. bond 42 inch $10.00 Presentation 46 lb. bond 24 inch $10.50 Presentation 46 lb. bond 36 inch $12.50 Presentation 46 lb. bond 42 inch $13.75 43 lb. Photobase, satin finish 24 inch $15.00 43 lb. Photobase, satin finish 36 inch $16.25 43 lb. Photobase, satin finish
(by request and 1 week notice)
42 inch $17.50 23 mm. Studio Canvas 36 inch $20.00
* Prices include GST.
* Prices subject to change.
* Linear lengths rounded to the nearest half-foot.
* Cardboard mailing tubes for easy transport are also available for purchase = $4.00 each.
Payment options: Brock University account number, cash, cheque, debit/Interac, Mastercard or Visa.
The use of the fax services are available during the hours of operation of the Copying and Printing Services Office: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday. – Friday.
- Local Fax & Toll Free Numbers : 25 cents/page
- 416/905 Area codes : 75 cents/page
- Within Ontario : $1.25 /page
- Canada/ USA : $2.00 /page
- International : $2.75 /page
Scanning is available on a self-serve basis through the multi-function units located on the main floor of the Library.
Copying and Printing Services staff can also provide high quality scans up to 600 dots per inch with true 48-bit colour. Image scanning and optical character recognition (OCR) for text are both available.
Maximum scan size:
Up to 11 x 17 inches
Normal turnaround times:
Next business day, if received by 3:30pm. Turnaround time depends on the nature of the request. Any problems with your scan job may delay delivery.
Scanned files can be saved to a CD, USB stick or as an e-mail attachment, depending on the file size.
How to submit your request:
- Print the PDF request form
- Then submit the completed form in-person.
Library Copying and Printing Services staff do not edit or retouch images, other than minor cropping. If manipulation beyond minor cropping is required, this will delay your scan job and extra changes may accrue at a rate of $20.00 per hour, or a portion thereof.
Additionally, users wanting to scan a work must get permission from the copyright holder or may do so if permitted under the Fair Dealing Policy or a licence. For more information, visit the University's website on copyright.
- $1.00 per scan
- 10 cents per scan for posting to Isaak/Sakai
- Free, for self-serve and persons with disabilities
- Free, if scanned image or text is inserted into large format printing job
- Prices include GST
- Prices subject to change
- CD-RWs are available for purchase for $2.00 each or you can supply your own.
Brock University account number, cash, or cheque, debit/Interac, Mastercard or Visa.
Laminating is also available during our operating hours at a cost of $1.00 per foot.
What is Plastic Comb Binding?
A half tube that has curved teeth (similar to a comb) fits through rectangular holes along the edge of the paper. The teeth behind the solid part of the tube hold the papers together. Plastic comb binding allows for the addition and removal of pages after your documents are bound. It is perfect for reports, books, calendars, presentations and more.
Standard length is 19-ring for an 11 inch binding edge or a 24-ring for an 14 inch binding edge.
Normal Turnaround Time:
Same business day, if received by 3:30 pm. Turn around time depends on the size of the document to be bound. Any problems with your document may cause a delay in delivery.
How to submit your request:
- In-person at the Copying and Printing office on the 5th floor of the Library. Your document can be in paper format, or can be printed from a file on CD, USB key or diskette.
- By email to email@example.com. Please include all instructions and the file you want printed and bound.
After submission, staff will review the request and provide you with an estimated charge.
Brock University account number, cash, cheque, debit/Interac, Visa or Mastercard.
8.5 x 11 inches
|1 - 100 pages||$2.00|
|101 - 200 pages||$3.00|
|201 - 300 pages||$4.00|
|301 - 400 pages||$5.00|
|401 - 425 pages||$5.25|
8.5 x 14 inches
|1 - 100 pages||$2.50|
|101 - 200 pages||$3.50|
|201 - 300 pages||$4.50|
|301 - 400 pages||$5.50|
|400 - 425 pages||$5.75|
Front and Back Covers
Laminated Card Stock $1.50 extra
Clear Plastic Cover $1.00 extra
Off-Campus Master of Education and Nursing Students
Off-campus students may submit photocopy requests for journal articles and/or Eric documents by mail, telephone or fax. Requests are also accepted through the Electronic Photocopy Request Form.
Copying from microformat materials is $0.15 per page, and $0.12 per page from paper materials.
Students with Disabilities
Students who are unable to operate copiers due to their disability may have copying done for them by staff in the Library Copying and Printing Office.