- About Us
- Strategic Plan
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Brock Campus Aerial Time Travel
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Collections Management Overview
- The Business of Scholarly Publishing
Printing in the Library
James A. Gibson Library
Printing in the Library
To print using the all-in-one printer/copier/scanner units in the James A. Gibson Library / Matheson Learning Commons:
An online print/copy account is required and already set up for Brock students, faculty and staff. If you are a guest and not affiliated with Brock University, please see Desk staff.
A useful video from BrockTV on how to print in the Library is available as part of the Badger's Survival Guide series here.
ADDING FUNDS TO YOUR PRINT/COPY ACCOUNT
You may add funds to your account with cash by using the self-serve cash machine located near the all-in-one units. This machine is exactly like the machine in the ITS labs on campus and adds the cash funds directly to your print account.
Using Debit /Credit:
You may also purchase print/copy vouchers to add funds to your account using debit/credit or cash. Vouchers are available from Desk staff in denominations of $1,$5, $10, & $20.
Once a voucher has been purchased, visit http://printing.brocku.ca and login with your portal account. Click REDEEM CARD and enter the PIN that is on your card. You are now ready to print
- Login to one of the Library's computers.
- Print your document by clicking the PRINT button in the software you are using. You can now release your print job at any of the all-in-one copier/printer/scanner units on the main floor.
At the all-in-one copier/printer/scanner:
1. Swipe your Brock card in the card reader on the side of the machine or enter your Brock portal information by touching "alternative login" on the copier touch screen.
2. Touch USE COPIER.
3. Touch PRINT RELEASE.
4. Select the job/s from the list and touch PRINT.
5. Logout by swiping your card again or touch the LOG OUT button.
Brock students, faculty and staff may use Web Print to send jobs from your laptop or other mobile device directly to the various print queues on campus. Full instructions can be found here.
Available through the all-in-one units on the main floor. The system will default to black and white. If you would like to print in color, you will need to specify color in the print dialog box BEFORE you release your print job/s at the all-in-one units.
DOWNLOAD (instead of using an all-in-one unit)
Some databases and journal publishers allow you to download your search and/or journal article.
1. Click FILE in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
2. Scroll down to SAVE AS and click.
3. When the SAVE AS box appears on your screen, name your file.
4. To save to disk or memory device:
- Go to the top of the Pop-Up menu. Using the down arrow, choose the appropriate drive.
- Click on SAVE. Be sure to remove your disk or memory device when you are done.
If you need more information about Printing and Copying in the Library (including pricing, and other services available), please see this page.