- About Us
- Strategic Plan
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Brock Campus Aerial Time Travel
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Collections Management Overview
- The Business of Scholarly Publishing
Alumni Library Access
James A. Gibson Library
Alumni Library Access
Alumni are eligible for borrowing privileges at the James A. Gibson Library at no charge, with the following conditions:
- Maximum borrowing limit of up to 15 items at one time
- 2 week loan period
- 1 consecutive renewal of each item (providing it has not been requested by another user)
- Reserve material is not available
- Overdue fines of 50 cents per day per item apply
- Overdue recall fines of $2.00 per day apply
More Information: View the library's complete Borrowing policies.
In order to apply for borrowing privileges, please bring your alumni card (which may be obtained at the Office of Alumni Relations) to the Library's Circulation Desk for activation.
Access to Electronic Resources
Access from home to most of the Library's online resources is restricted to current Brock students, faculty and staff according to the license agreements which govern the use of these resources. However, the Library is pleased to announce free alumni access to selected resources. A complete list of these resources is available online.
Additional resources: View a list of other useful resources freely available on the web.
Alumni must apply online in order to access the Library's electronic resources
Alumni registration for access to electronic resources
Alumni can register for Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery (ILL/DD) privileges. Registration is available through Brock's RACER interlibrary loan management system. Alumni cards need to be activated at the Library's Circulation Desk. Alumni are responsible for all charges imposed by the lending library. These charges may include lending, photocopying, copyright, shipping, or brokerage fees, and must be paid when items are picked up. Contact Interlibrary Loans Staff for further information.
More Information: View the Library's complete Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery policies.
If you have further questions, please consult our Alumni FAQ or contact the Research Help Desk at 905-688-5550 ext.3233..