LC Peer Assistants
Students helping students!
Need help? Look for us in our orange shirts!
Learning Commons Peer Assistants are available at the Reception Desk at the south entrance of the Matheson Learning Commons where we provide one-stop information and referral to services available in the Learning Commons such as:
- learning skills and leadership workshops
- "plus" programs
- academic and career planning
- library research
- technology support
- drop-in consultations
- drop-in writing and study skills
- service learning opportunities
- TA workshops
- campus events
To also assist users, and provide a safe, comfortable, and positive learning environment for everyone, we also circulate throughout the Library and Learning Commons providing basic informational and technical help to individual users:
- printing and photocopying
- finding and locating materials
- booking group study rooms
- suggesting available study spaces
- connecting laptops to the Internet
Student peer assistants also enforce the Library’s Code of Conduct, particularly the Noise, and Food/Drink policies.