Visas & Permits
This section provides general information only. Please refer to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for the most current information.
- Guide for CIC online application (pdf)
- Study Permit
- Temporary Resident (Entry) Visa
- Working in Canada
- Inviting relatives or friends to visit Canada
- Application Processing Time
- US Visitor Visa
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- CIC Client ID number ("UCI" on certain CIC application forms)
It is always recommended to download the most up-to-date forms directly from the CIC website any time you are about to apply for anything. Never save forms for future use.
CIC NEWS: Changes to the International Student Program (come into force on June 1, 2014)
Other useful links
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee Program for Immigration
- Working in Canada and CIC Permanent Resident Programs
- Lost your immigration Document? Information regarding Replacement Of the Immigration Document.
- Canadian embassies and consulates abroad
- Spouse work permit
- Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Canada
- Bridging Work Permit
“The information in this section has been reviewed by a Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada. The information is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. The information may change without notice. Always refer to www.cic.gc.ca for the most updated information.”