Tax Information for International Students
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) - Tax information for international students in Canada
- CRA presentation on income tax for international students (pdf)
- CRA video: International Students and Income Tax
- Individual Tax Number (ITN)
If you have a SIN, use it to file your tax return. If not, just bring the ITN application form with the required supporting documents to the tax clinic to be put it together with your tax return forms. You do not need to apply for the ITN separately.
- Free tax services in the region (including Brock Tax Clinic info)
The T2202A tuition and education deduction tax certificate are now available online via the student portal. To access, please log in to select the “Student Self-Serve” tab and then go to “TaxCertificates” to view or download the form as a PDF. The T2202A certificate is not mailed to students. Watch Finance Office website for updates