XEROX Tips & Tricks
XEROX Colour or B&W Phaser 8860/8570/7760/7750/5550/5500/4510/4500
Printing Options via TRAY 1 (MPT)
(MPT = Multi-Purpose-TRAY...all paper sizes)
- Manual paper-trays can accommodate various “paper-sizes and types”.
- When the “paper-tray-guides” are moved, the printer requires these settings to be acknowledged and entered in the “printer-setup” and “paper-handling” options menu.
- Check the LCD-Panel for a “READY-To-Print” prompt
- ADD your Tabloid (11X17) paper to TRAY 1 (MPT)
- ADJUST your GREY "guide-rails" to Tabloid (11X17) paper
- The printer will BEEP and the RED light will flash
- Select the Large BLUE-OK button to accept the new “paper-size & type”
- Select Printer Setup, then Paper Handling Setup in the LCD-Display menu
- Check that TRAY 1 (MPT) is set for
TRAY 1 (MPT) - Setup = OK: Tabloid (11X17) & Paper Type = Plain (AUTO Sensed)
TRAY 2 - Setup = OK: Letter (8.5X11) & Paper Type = Plain (AUTO Sensed)
- ALL XEROX printer trays will AUTO-Sense for the paper-size being added & prompt you to click the Large BLUE-OK button on the panel.
- Opening and Closing “any” TRAY will ask you to indicate if the “paper size or type” has changed or is the same Please select the large BLUE-OK-button on the printer:
Confirm TRAY 1 (MPT) Paper...OK: Tabloid (11X17) - Plain
Confirm TRAY 2 Paper...OK: Letter (8.5X11) - Plain
- TRAY 1 (MPT) will also accept Legal (8.5X14) - Plain, and other METRIC - A3/A4 sizes or MONARCH #10 Envelopes
- Please reset ALL-TRAYS to our ITS operating standard of:
TRAY 1 = Tabloid (11X17) - Plain
TRAY 2 = Letter (8.5X11) - Plain