- Departments & Centres
- Applied Linguistics
- Dramatic Arts
- English Language and Literature
- Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Visual Arts
- Centre for Canadian Studies
- Centre for Digital Humanities
- Centre for Intercultural Studies
- Centre for Liberal Arts
- Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Centre for Studies in Arts and Culture
- Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts
- ART CENTRE
- Rodman Hall Art Centre
- Degree Programs
- Students in the Humanities
- Centre for Digital Humanities
- Dean's Conference Travel Grant
- Fulbright Visiting Research Chair
- Humanities Research Institute
- HRI Mandate and Structure
- HRI Membership
- HRI Funding
- HRI Conferences and Symposia
- Conferences and Symposia 2000 - 2001
- Conferences and Symposia 2002 - 2003
- Conferences and Symposia 2004 - 2005
- Conferences and Symposia 2005 - 2006
- Conferences and Symposia 2006 - 2007
- Conferences and Symposia 2007 - 2008
- Conferences and Symposia 2008 - 2009
- Conferences and Symposia 2009 - 2010
- Conferences and Symposia 2010 - 2011
- Conferences and Symposia 2011 - 2012
- Conferences and Symposia 2012 - 2013
- HRI Associates
- HRI Graduate Student Associates
- HRI Annual Report 2012-13
- HRI Awards
- HRI Forms and Deadlines
- The Brock Review
- Contact Us
Faculty of Humanities
State Examination French/English Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ph.D. French Literature University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
My main area of interest focusses on the fictional works of Georges Bernanos, in particular the author’s depiction of women. Lately, I have also become interested in the Catholic writer’s representation of suicide. I am extending my comparative studies on the suicide theme in Georges Bernanos’ fictional writings as well as Stefan Zweig’s literary œuvre.
Selected List of Publications
"The Christian View of Maritain and Bernanos", The Chesterton Review . XV, no 4, vol. XVI, no 1, November, 1989, February, 1990. pp. 557-567.
" Sous le soleil de Satan . Une structure dénaturée", Revue des Lettres Modernes 1039-
1044(1991), «Etudes bernanosiennes» 20: 7-20.
A Critical Bibliography of French Literature. The Nineteenth Century . In Two Parts. Edited by David Baguley. Syracuse: Syracuse University Press, 1994. (Contribution to Chapter XXXVIII: entries on female novelists: Juliette Adam, Marie Bashkirtseff, la comtesse de Ségur née Sophie Rostopchine)
"The Bernanosian Metamorphosis of Blanche de La Force", Renascence. Essays on Values in Literature . XLVIII, no 1, Fall 1995, pp. 25-35.
Article on Henri Massis for Encyclopedia of the Essay , London: Fitzroy Dearborn, 1998, pp. 543-545.
La femme dans le monde imaginaire de Georges Bernanos . New York: Peter Lang Inc., 1999.
Article on Henri Massis for the Encyclopedia of Modern French Thought. New York: Routledge Reference, Taylor and Francis Books, Inc., March 2004, p. 465-467.
“Suicide in the Fiction of Georges Bernanos and Stefan Zweig: The Death of Two Female Adolescents” Christianity and Literature, Vol. 56, No. 3, Spring 2007.
Selected List of Courses Taught at Brock
- FRE 1F01 S1 (Introductory French II)
- FRE 1F90 S1, 2, 4 (Intermediate French)
Closing Reception of art show "In the Park the Horses Didn't Mind"
March 7, 2014 - 7:00pm - 10:00pm
“In the park, the horses didn’t mind” - A COLLECTIVE PROJECT
February 20, 2014 - 12:00pm - March 7, 2014 - 10:00pm