Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to Manager, Compensation, and working as a member of the Compensation team, the Job Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining job descriptions for more than 1100 positions across the University, providing technical expertise and background assistance for job evaluation and maintaining related data systems as well as conducting salary surveying, analysis of data and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working with hiring department supervisors to determine job responsibilities and qualifications and developing appropriate job descriptions for new positions and revisions for existing positions throughout the University (union and non-union)
• Determining key competencies for positions and ensuring they are reflected in the job responsibilities and qualifications
• Creating or updating associated organizational charts
• Ensuring clarity, consistency in wording and job titles, and concise synthesizing of responsibilities and qualifications
• Ensuring compliance with collective agreement requirements and related employment legislation
• Providing technical expertise and background assistance in support of the University job evaluation processes and committees
• Acting as a job evaluation committee member as required; preparing agendas, disseminating information to committee members, participating as an evaluating member, recording minutes of meetings, and following up on outcomes as required
• Designing, implementing and managing the consistent, accurate and effective recording and electronic storage of job descriptions and associated information
• Inputting data and managing related databases
• Conducting local market, university and national salary surveying, and analyzing and summarize related data
• Creating and maintaining statistics, metrics and reports, and inputting data and manage related databases as required
The ideal candidate will have:
• Relevant university degree (e.g. Business Administration, Psychology, Communications, Social Sciences), preferably with a concentration in Human Resources Management;
• Several years of progressive experience in a related Human Resources role that includes job description development, job competencies, salary surveying, job analysis and evaluation, and organizational design
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, quality and customer service standards, guidelines and directives are required to effectively consult with stakeholders at all levels of the organization regarding job descriptions & job evaluation related implications
• Strong project management experience and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects from conception to implementation and work effectively with employees at all levels
• Strong ability to simplify, organize and communicate information in a clear and concise manner
• Solid computer competency including word processing, spreadsheet, relational database, internet search engines
• Extreme accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including informational interviewing and consultative skills
• Solid analytical ability in order to appreciate the complexity and details of job content as well as the ability to interpret, understand and accurately summarize information being provided
• Related certification through World at Work and/or CHRP designation (considered beneficial)
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by January 6, 2014.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.