|Vacancy #: AP 77/2013|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Executive Assistant to The Dean
Applied Health Sciences
(Job Group K)
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Dean, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, the Executive Assistant provides confidential and professional advanced level administrative support to the Office of the Dean.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Determining the nature and priority of business and providing substantial direction and information to faculty, staff, students, and external contacts by way of in-person, email and voicemail enquiries
• Maintaining the Dean’s calendar by coordinating on and off campus meetings and appointments
• Composing and preparing a variety of correspondence, reports and other documents ensuring confidentiality at all times
• Assisting the Dean in the preparation of the Office budget
• Planning and organizing all logistical aspects of meetings and events
• Arranging travel and accommodation requirements
• Preparing and processing cheque requisitions, purchase orders, petty cash, etc.
• Maintaining accurate and confidential files and records
The ideal candidate will have:
• A related post-secondary degree or diploma with demonstrated ability in a related administrative support capacity or the equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a University or similar environment
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, prioritization and detailed, accurate record keeping skills
• Proven ability to work under minimal supervision while utilizing effective time management skills in order to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities is required
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, create efficiencies and improve processes
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with all contacts
• Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, web maintenance, internet search engines, email, and Outlook
• Sound judgement, tact, diplomacy and discretion while independently responding to and following up on administrative matters
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by December 16, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.