Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
The Events Planner &amp;amp; Assistant to the President plans, delivers, executes and follows up with major University events from the Office of the President e.g. Opening of Term Dinner, the Soiree, President’s Golf Tournament, etc. The Assistant and Event Planner is also responsible for coordinating the President’s schedule and itinerary.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitating the efficient utilization of the President’s time through development and coordination of a complex calendar of appointments, meetings, social engagements and university/community functions with both individuals and groups
• Arranging all travel and itinerary planning for the President, ensuring the President is aware of his/her schedule and ensure timely attendance at all meetings
• Managing speaking engagement requests for the President
• Staying abreast of developments and events at the University and advising the President of developments that may impact scheduling
• Organizing and coordinating the logistics of special functions and events for the Office of the President
• Maintaining, updating and communicating a schedule of planned and proposed major events and activities organized by the University and its members
• Preparing event communication plans, reports, correspondence with stakeholders and other relevant documentation, collaborating with University departments to ensure consistent event protocols, including marketing measures
• Developing and implementing procedural guides for events, ensuring appropriate documentation is in place for the smooth operation of University hosted events
• Participating in and attending events hosted by the President’s Office
• Acting as recording secretary to the Senior Administrators’ Counsel (SAC)
• Liaising with the Vice-Presidents and Senior Administrators regarding University matters
• Liaising with honorary degree recipients providing support and assistance during Convocation
• Interacting with Board of Trustees, donors and special visitors
The ideal candidate will have:
• A undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business Administration)
• Several years of progressively more responsible administrative support and event planning experience in a relevant (executive level support) environment, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment with sensitive and confidential information and situations
• Demonstrated experience planning and implementing events, including expertise in attracting sponsorships and developing promotional plans
• Solid computer competency including word processing, spreadsheet, database, web applications and web maintenance, social media, internet search engines
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and the proven ability to develop credibility and collegiality with individuals, and maintain an ongoing collegial relationship
• Keen eye for detail
• Demonstrated ability to convey difficult messages in a tactful and diplomatic manner
• Strong judgment, analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated project management experience and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects from conception to implementation and work effectively with employees at all levels
Notes / To Apply :
Note to Applicants: there is currently an incumbent performing the duties and responsibilities of this job who is likely to apply.
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by November 15, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.