Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Human Resources, the Manager, Recruitment is accountable for the development, implementation, administration, and operational effectiveness of recruitment services, including related programs and policies, by providing leadership and direction for the Recruitment portfolio and its staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing & implementing the recruitment strategy for the University, using relevant best practices
• Developing & maintaining the employment brand to be used in talent sourcing and to support Brock University as a preferred place to work and ensure employment brand has sufficient presence in relevant forums (e.g. social and print media, career fairs, etc.)
• Managing all aspects of the recruitment process/life-cycle, training for hiring committees and ensuring new employees are effectively on-boarded
• Ensuring effective utilization, deployment, and development of people and capital resources in a way consistent with University strategic priorities, the Strategic Human Resources Plan, and annual plans
• Ensuring legislative, collective agreement, policy and best practice compliance within the recruitment portfolio (e.g. AODA compliance)
• Guiding, mentoring, managing, developing and performance managing Recruitment Team members
• Conducting Recruitment related trend analysis, and determining recruitment related stakeholder needs across campus and aligning recruitment resources (people and capital), priorities and processes to meet these needs
• Managing (or delegating as required) the hiring, performance management, and scheduling of TES employees to meet stakeholder needs
The ideal candidate will have:
• Relevant university degree (e.g. Business Administration, Psychology, Communications, Social Sciences), preferably with a concentration in Human Resources Management
• 8 – 10 years of progressive, well rounded and relevant experience with a proven track record of achievement and success within Recruitment & Selection
• Demonstrated overall knowledge of HR function, practices and procedures, particularly as related to recruitment
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, quality and customer service standards, guidelines, best practices and directives are required to effectively consult with stakeholders at all levels of the organization regarding recruitment related implications
• Demonstrated knowledge of career services is required in order to provide advice to employees
• Strong social media knowledge, specifically as it relates to recruitment and retention
• Knowledge of, and applied experience with various information technology and software (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
• The ability to manage, motivate, coach, mentor and encourage individuals
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and consultative skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with the proven ability to manage high workload volumes and prioritize workflow
• Proven strategic planning skills and the ability to conceptualize and propose new initiatives
• Strong analytical and interpretive skills
• Certified Human Resources Professional (C.H.R.P) or working toward completion (an asset)
Notes / To Apply :
Note to Applicants: there is currently an incumbent performing the duties and responsibilities of this job who is likely to apply.
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by November 1, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.