Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President and CIO, Information Technology Services, the Director, Client Services, is responsible for ensuring the provision of superior, comprehensive professional client care and services in support of teaching, learning, research and administrative services while managing costs and engaging in best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Defining and communicating procedures, policies and standards for all IT client care and services
• Providing oversight to ensure the continuous effective and efficient delivery of client care services
• Analyzing and improving upon customer service and client support standards across the University in support of teaching, learning, research and administrative services
• Acting as the primary liaison for the University’s customer/client focused vision with IT professionals within ITS to ensure seamless integration of systems and services
• Managing large scale projects, monitoring progress and initiating changes as needed to ensure project priorities and deadlines are met
• Collaborating with all stakeholders such as the ITS Senior Management team and the University user community, to develop and implement the short and long-term strategic goals for all technical infrastructure requirements to support the University’s strategic plans and ITS service delivery
• Developing business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for client services initiatives, preparing request for proposals (RFPs) for equipment and services
• Assisting academic and administrative areas with implementing service improvement initiatives through consultations and/or service agreements
• Developing, tracking and controlling the budget for purchases, staffing and operations
• Managing a team of professionals including hiring, guiding, supporting and mentoring staff, and creating a culture of collaboration within ITS and with the University community
• Preparing documents, reports, presentations, written analysis, project plans, negotiating contracts and agreements with external vendors and ensuring contract compliance, problem resolution and maximum effectiveness for the University community
The ideal candidate will have:
• University degree in a related industry
• Senior level, progressive experience in complex IT management positions (preferably in a post-secondary environment)
• Proven track record in quality service delivery
• Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of information technology and best practice, and in the analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of large, complex business applications
• Demonstrated experience in the management of financial resources, preparing and following budgets, preparing proposals, policies, analysis, action plans, and presentations
• Highly developed project management skills and the ability to take ownership of the process in order to keep many competing and high priority projects moving forward to a successful completion
• Working knowledge of industry standards
• Solid presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with major stakeholders while exercising judgment, tact and diplomacy, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven ability and commitment to staying abreast of new developments and trends in the field of information technology
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below. Resumes will be reviewed beginning October 25, 2013 and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.