Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the VP, Finance and Administration, the Associate Director of Strategic Initiatives and Special Projects acts as a key support to the Vice President, Finance and Administration, playing a fundamental role in the development of policies and procedures, leading special projects, developing and executing strategic and operational plans, reporting issues, risks and mitigation strategies to Administrative Executives and the Board. The Associate Director provides strategic direction and leadership, and provides strategic advice to the University community.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborating with administrative executive leadership in the development and implementation of initiatives designed to support the University’s strategic goals, including performance measures and service standards
• Ensuring best practice, performance-based, client-centred service delivery models are designed and implemented, to enhance and improve services on a continuous basis, applying business process improvement methodologies, quality management methodologies/measures/key business indicators, and lean methodology
• Conducting regular service delivery reviews of progress made towards goals and objectives, ensure standards and methods exist for consolidation, standardization and re-engineering of operational processes
• Forecasting short, medium and long-term operational needs, undertaking performance measurement and comparative analyses, and providing insight on gap analysis for long-term strategic planning
• Planning, consolidating and facilitating strategic report preparation, including providing provisional timelines
• Leading the promotion of process and priorities alignment, streamlining and focusing on increasing and improving analysis, and developing key metrics for assessing campus performance
• Translating available data and analysis into relevant and timely messages for use in internal and external communications, and oversee the development of new avenues of communication
• Providing highly responsible and complex administrative and executive level strategic project management; managing projects with a clear vision, including timelines, budgetary issues and logistics
• Developing status reports to executive management, coordinating committee reports and provide editorial review, reviewing and editing all board reports for the Vice President, Finance and Administration
• Providing oversight of the administrative operations related to strategic initiatives and special projects
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant financial and legal requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
• An undergraduate degree in a related discipline (e.g. Business Administration, Commerce or Economics, Public Relations, Planning etc.) plus post graduate courses and/or degree in a related field
• 10 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, strategy, project management and demonstrated experience effectively analyzing, integrating and clearly communicating complex ideas at the conceptual, strategic and tactical levels
• Demonstrated project management skills and the proven ability to lead projects
• Demonstrated knowledge of accountability, transparency and strategic planning initiatives and best practices
• A broad knowledge of leadership and experience in developing data-driven organizational strategy
• Excellent strategic planning skills and the ability to independently design, implement, manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously
• The proven ability to be an innovative leader with exceptional interpersonal, superior writing and verbal communication skills, tact, discretion, and experience handling highly confidential information and the proven ability to develop trust and confidence, and leverage support across reporting lines
• Proven ability to thrive in an often unpredictable, fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Knowledge of university structure, policy, and administrative systems, relevant building, safety, and operating codes (an asset)
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below. Resumes will be reviewed starting October 15, 2013 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
*The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by examining related skills, experience, budgetary restrictions and both internal and external equity comparators.