|Vacancy #: AP 38/2013|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Library and Media Services Supervisor (Hamilton Campus)
Instructional Resource Centre - Hamilton Campus
(Job Group I)
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Manager of the Instructional Resource Centre (IRC), the Library and Media Services Supervisor coordinates the daily operation of the Hamilton Campus curriculum library, providing reference, reserve, circulation and services and developing curriculum collections.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Selecting, training, supervising and scheduling Hamilton Campus IRC staff and overseeing the daily operation of the Hamilton Campus curriculum library and media services
• Promoting library and media services through the use of appropriate marketing/advertising venues
• Providing daily circulation operations, patron database maintenance and security using the University Library Millennium Circulation System
• Providing reference services to patrons regarding the selection of Hamilton Campus library materials, alternate library sources and the use of the Millennium Library Network
• Collecting, processing and circulating high demand resources placed on reserve by Hamilton Campus Faculty members
• Developing and maintaining the Hamilton Curriculum library collection in consultation with the IRC Manager and IRC curriculum development guidelines
• Evaluating and selecting curriculum and reference resources to support Faculty of Education programs in consultation with faculty members and curriculum guidelines for current and future teaching resource needs
• Providing media services within the curriculum library and campus classrooms, including maintaining audio-visual and computer playback equipment and bookings
• Coordinating the sale and inventory maintenance of instructional supplies, laser printing accounts and photocopy services at the Hamilton campus
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• An undergraduate degree or diploma in a related program (i.e. Library Technician or Educational Resource Technician)
• Demonstrated experience working in a library, using online catalogue and circulation systems (experience with Millennium System an asset)
• Proven ability to supervise, coach and train staff
• Demonstrated experience with standard education reference tools and on-line databases
• Strong computer systems and audio-visual equipment ability
• Membership in appropriate professional associations (e.g. Ontario Education Library Association or Ontario Teacher Education Library Association)
• Demonstrated awareness and emerging curriculum resources currently being utilized in Ontario elementary and secondary schools
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Tuesday, June 25, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.