Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President (AVP), Information Technology & Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Director, Client Services is responsible for providing visionary and strategic leadership required to plan, architect, develop and maintain ITS solutions that align with the strategic initiatives of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing management of a large, multi-functional team in coordination with other technical teams, including hiring, training and supervising staff members
• Establishing operational and administrative policies, procedures and best practices to ensure the integrity and security of all information systems as well as the service objectives of the University
• Leading strategic planning, development of long range plans and providing overall direction to enhance effectiveness of Information Systems
• Working with the with the AVP/CIO developing strategic and operational plans that align with University requirements and deliver service value to the institution
• Making key decisions related to technology needs for the University and approving or recommending enterprise architecture plans for the University
• Working in conjunction with senior administrators to develop changes in strategic direction to support the University mission and direction, including analyzing implications of change and redesigning operational structures and programs
• Providing leadership and mentoring to staff while developing career plans and succession planning, completing annual reviews and setting annual objectives
• Exercising project portfolio planning, project scheduling, resources planning and reporting, including participating on steering committees
• Overseeing departmental and University-wide projects, managing objectives, communications, timelines, resource allocations, schedules and deliverables
• Communicating and coordinating projects and identifying and managing project risks
• Planning, organizing and implementing security measures, data governance, policy and guidelines to ensure security of University data and information
• Planning and implementing ITS recovery procedures in case of disaster
• Developing and ensuring effective, value-added services and programs to meet the current and emerging needs of the University community by continuously reviewing and improving quality of IT related policies, programs and effectiveness of service
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Several years (5 – 7+ years) of demonstrated and successful experience managing an IT department, conducting operational planning, project portfolio management and project management
• Demonstrated ability providing mentoring, guidance, skills development, effectively hiring, training and building a strong team environment
• Proven ability to manage budgetary responsibilities, develop and manage an operational plan
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated negotiation, problem solving and analytical ability
• Proven ability designing, developing, architecting and implementing system design
• Demonstrated knowledge of Business intelligence planning and tools, electronic data interchange principles and planning, Business Continuity and Disaster recovery planning
• Strong understanding and application of Governance frameworks (ITIL, COBIT, Prince 2 etc.)
• Project Management Professional Certification (preferred)
• Enterprise Architecture Certification or equivalent (preferred)
• ITIL Certification or equivalent preferred
• Knowledge of the University direction, policies, procedures and IT systems (a definite asset)
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, June 14, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.