|Vacancy #: AP 23/2013|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Environmental Sustainability Research Centre
Term Part-Time (12 months with possibility of renewal)
(Job Group J)
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
The Brock Environmental Sustainability Research Centre (ESRC) aims to facilitate transformative change concerning the environment, sustainability and social ecological resilience through research, education and outreach. Reporting to the Director of ESRC, the Project Coordinator will be responsible and accountable for the effective management and administration of the Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating ESRC’s projects and activities and implementing appropriate policies and procedures
• Supervising Centre staff and volunteers and liaising with Centre members to support the functioning of activity tasks and their timely completion
• Facilitating collaboration amongst a diverse array of constituents involved in various projects and organizing meetings, conferences and events (e.g. faculty, staff, government, non-government organizations (NGOs))
• Preparing financial reports, budgets, reporting requirements and reviewing audit procedures
• Promoting ESRC’s projects and activities, including executing a communications strategy and media outreach
• Supporting the Director of ESRC and other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline or an undergraduate degree with a demonstrated research component and/or related experience working on research projects
• Demonstrated working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
• Breadth of perspective through education and a willingness to work across disciplines from geography to economics to the physical sciences
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with project management, evaluation/monitoring financial reporting systems
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to supervise staff and/or volunteers
• Proven ability to work in a flexible and adaptable environment, with a willingness to work across various disciplines while managing multiple changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be proactive and take appropriate actions
• Functional knowledge of standard office computer software (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, scheduling)
• Comprehensive knowledge of academic, financial and administrative aspects, preferably related to an academic environment
• Ability and willingness to occasionally travel
• Ability to work from home on occasion
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Thursday, May 9, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.