Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
The Office of Institutional Analysis and Planning provides institutional statistical and analytical data and information support to campus administrators including the President, Vice-Presidents, Associate Vice-Presidents, Deans, and Chairs/Directors. The information and analysis provided enables the recipients to make informed decisions and to develop factually based opinions and/or positions. Reporting to the Manager, Institutional Analysis and Planning, the Institutional Analyst is responsible for developing, preparing, analyzing and publishing quantitative institutional information and for responding to both internal and external data requirements/requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Designing, developing and generating queries and reports from University databases to support a variety of requirements
• Collecting, preparing, analyzing and reporting on data in response to both internal and external data requirements/requests
• Preparing and ensuring publication of annual statistical reports and Performance Indicators
• Supporting university enrolment and fiscal projections
• Providing data and information to support accountability, quality assurance and improvement
• Supporting the University’s quality improvement, planning and accountability processes by developing and disseminating internal and external statistical reports
• Coordinating data collection, analyzing, and preparing reports of annual large scale surveys
The ideal candidate will have:
• Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated work experience in a relevant discipline with credentials related to database query, quantitative data analysis, research, evaluation, inferential statistics, and/or report development
• Excellent technical knowledge developing queries and reports from SQL databases
• Applied knowledge of SPSS for windows, SPSS syntax, Nvivo, Cognos, ArcGIS or similar programs
• Demonstrated capability with respect to data management, quantitative data analysis, research methods, trend analysis, and professional report preparation
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Excellent critical thinking, analytical, logical problem solving, organizational, presentation, and communication skills
• Well-developed writing skills sufficient to creatively and precisely articulate ideas and opinions that involve analysis, interpretation and assessment
• Ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships
• Resourcefulness, flexibility, responsiveness and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and work with cross functional teams in projects to improve organization processes, and institutional reporting
• Ability to manage concurrent projects in an environment filled with competing priorities
• Demonstrated experience with not-for-profit operations and reporting, an asset
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, April 5, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.