Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence. To achieve this philosophy we endeavour to take our employees beyond the pursuit of just a career. Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. We encourage our employees to utilize their rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides in order to have an engaging and rewarding career. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
The Water Economics, Policy and Governance Network (WEPGN) is a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) funded research network that is housed at Brock University and closely aligned with the Brock Environmental Sustainability Research Centre (ESRC). By creating a partnership that will bring together many of Canada’s best researchers, government agencies and NGO’s, the Network’s and Centre’s goals focus on carrying out world-class research that will lead to improved water use and environmental stewardship in Canada and internationally.
Reporting to the Director, Environmental Sustainability Research Centre (ESRC) and Program Director, Water Economics, Policy and Governance Network (WEPGN), the Research Coordinator will be responsible for the management of administrative functions as well the coordination of transdisciplinary research activities and the facilitation of knowledge mobilization by liaising internally with Brock researchers and externally with partners of the Network and Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating research activities in the Centre and amongst researchers and partners of the Network
• Managing administration for the Centre and Network including overseeing preparation of financial and other reporting requirements (including SSHRC funding reports); liaising with a variety of University departments (Facilities Management, Finance, etc.); organizing meetings, conferences, and events; supervising other Centre and Network staff, and communicating with current and potential community partners to provide information and follow up on current and emerging issues and objectives
• Supporting and growing Knowledge Mobilization goals of the centre and Network; including providing liaison with Centre’s and Network’s current and potential outside partners (e.g. Niagara Region, Provincial and Federal government agencies, other universities, commercial organizations) by meeting with researchers and partners regarding current needs and challenges and related available and emerging research support; developing and providing oversight of Centre/Network communications (e.g., website, newsletters, media)
• Supporting the Centre’s and Network’s ongoing efforts at securing external funding, sourcing potential funding opportunities, collecting background information, assisting with writing grant applications
• Other related duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline
• Familiarity with Canadian environmental issues and carrying out academic research
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with project management, evaluation/monitoring financial reporting systems
• Experience supervising staff
• Functional knowledge of standard office computer software (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, scheduling)
• Fluency in French would be an asset
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, March 15, 2013. We will continue to accept applications until the position has been filled.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.