|Vacancy #: AP 08/2013|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Commercial Research Officer
Office of Research Services (ORS)
Term Full-Time (12 months with the possibility of renewal)
(Job Group K)
We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Director of Innovation and Commercialization, the Commercial Research Officer is responsible for assisting Brock University researchers apply for research funding where commercial parties are involved in the research application and assisting organizations in building research partnerships with Brock Researchers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting Brock Researchers in the application of research grants
• Assisting organizations develop partnerships with Brock Researchers
• Ensuring awarded grants comply with internal and external policies and procedures
• Collaborating with the Senior Technology Transfer Officer to ensure seamless integration of commercial research and technology transfer
• Promoting Brock’s commercial research internally and externally
• Working with colleagues in ORS with grant multiplication opportunities
• Liaise regularly with internal and external stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
• Masters degree in a science program strongly preferred
• Demonstrated experience working with grant proposal writing
• Previous experience in a Technology Transfer office and/or a Research Services Offices an asset
• Solid understanding of Chemistry and Biology
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Keen eye for detail
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, February 22, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, due to volume we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.