|Vacancy #: AP 05/2013|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Term Full-Time (32 months)
(Job Group L)
We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Director, Campus Planning Design and Construction, the Project Coordinator supports the Project Manager on both minor and major capital projects during the construction phase by coordinating the University’s responsibilities and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Liaising between the University and construction consultants and/or contractors
• Providing independent review and analysis of construction activities
• Coordinating contractor activities with various operation groups within the University and other various stakeholders
• Representing the University at site meetings, monitoring contractor performance
• Integrating construction requirements and activities of contractors, ensuring acceptable working and operating conditions
• Maintaining project construction files and regular project progress reports
• Observing and inspecting quality of construction and providing direction to contractors and consultants to ensure quality issues are corrected
• Reviewing site documentation and meeting minutes for completeness and accuracy
• Monitoring actual and projected construction costs, informing the Project Manager of any potential deviations from the approved construction budget
• Acting as the main point of contact for new building occupants, rectifying all post-occupancy issues
• Ensuring timely completion of deficiency lists and monitoring completion and deficiencies
• Tracking warranty periods and scheduling review inspections with appropriate stakeholders
• Monitoring and facilitating compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The ideal candidate will have:
• College diploma in related field (preferably Construction or Engineering Technology) and a combination of related industry experience
• Ability to read and comprehend architectural and engineering drawings and specifications
• Solid applied knowledge of applicable construction related legislation (e.g. the Ontario Building Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Construction Lien Act) and knowledge of appropriate institutional building quality standards
• Proven ability to comprehend and apply knowledge related to building systems (e.g. Structural Systems, HVAC, electrical, IT, utilities servicing)
• Demonstrated construction project coordination
• Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally, strong interpersonal skills
• Keen eye for detail and familiarity with architectural assemblies and finishes
• Ability to provide firm direction to a variety of consultants and contractors
• Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project and electronic file management
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, February 22, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.