|Vacancy #: AP 03/2013|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Faculty Budget Officer
(Job Group K)
Reporting to the Dean of Humanities and the Associate Vice-President, Finance, the Faculty Budget Officer is responsible for maintaining budgetary control for the Faculty of Humanities, consistent with policy and protocol as established by the Finance Office. The Faculty of Humanities includes the Dean’s Office, nine departments (including three in the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts), six centres, and the Humanities Research Institute. Duties will include: preparing annual, mid-year, and ad hoc budget submissions; providing training/instruction, financial advice, and guidance on Faculty accounting/financial matters regarding related University policies and procedure and ensuring adherence; providing direction on existing and/or new policies and procedures; and proactively developing new policies including strategic planning, particularly with a view to improving efficiency and effectiveness. The Budget Officer will meet regularly with the Finance Office and other Faculty Budget Officers and Brock Research.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A university degree in Accounting/Business or related field (preferably leading to CMA or CGA certification);
• A thorough understanding of financial and accounting management and systems;
• Several years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Proven track record of being a self-starter with the ability to work independently, meet deadlines, communicate effectively with all contacts, and exercise good judgment and proactive problem-solving abilities;
• Previous experience/demonstrated ability to provide training, instruction, or feedback to others is a definite asset
• Superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Computer experience using various software applications, including Microsoft Office and the ability to effectively utilize Brock’s various financial and budgeting systems and DBBROCK/BEARS.
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Wednesday, February 6, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.