|Vacancy #: AP 85/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Government Relations Officer
Office of Research Services
(Job Group L)
Why choose Brock? We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. We share a bold, independent spirit, break the boundaries of academic convention, and view community involvement as crucial to developing well-rounded individuals. If you want to be part of something exciting, then join us.
We are looking for a dynamic politically savvy Government Relations Officer to work closely with the leaders across Brock. This position works with the Office of Research Services in partnership with the Advancement Government Relations office, to help deliver Brock’s goal of increasing government support for research. The main responsibilities of this position include; creating an internal understanding and awareness of government departments’ capacity to support University research priorities; developing and stewarding effective relationships with all applicable government agencies and departments; seeing and identifying opportunities for government grants that align with the Office of Research Services’ priority initiatives; creating communications plans to highlight research achievements for deliver to all levels of government; seeing contract research opportunities within government funding bodies and facilitating connections with Brock’s researchers; and cultivating strong, positive and long term relationships with government funding bodies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A University degree combined with a minimum of 2 to 5 years practical work experience with at least one arm of the provincial or federal government;
• And/or direct experience working at the decision level with government in political and bureaucratic area on behalf of a third party organization (or an equivalent combination of education and experience);
• Accomplished communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to strategize and deliver objectives within a complex organization;
• The ability to build relationships with major stakeholders;
• Demonstrated success in working independently and assuming responsibility for project management;
• A high level of expertise in research funding proposals, writing and preparing speeches/documents/reports for multiple audiences;
• Proven sound judgment, maturity, tact, discretion and diplomacy;
• The ability to interact professionally and effectively with people at all levels.
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resum&eacute; and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Sunday, January 6, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.