|Vacancy #: AP 84/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Exchange and Study Abroad Advisor
International Services and Programs Abroad
Term Full-Time (12 months with possible renewal)
(Job Group I)
Why choose Brock? We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture.
We are looking for an Exchange and Study Abroad Advisor who will advise incoming and outgoing students on the Exchange and Study Abroad programs, Summer Study in Niagara Program and the Global Transitions Program. Reporting to the Manager, International Learning Programs, the Advisor will assist incoming exchange students prepare for their studies at Brock as well as advise current Brock students on exchange and study abroad opportunities. The Advisor will liaise with various Brock departments to assist students with academic and financial information as well as communicate with partner institutions about student exchange and study abroad applications. The incumbent will assist the Manager with the planning of the Summer Study in Niagara program including the coordination of accommodations, academic lectures, meals and any off-campus social and academic activities. The Advisor will update and maintain program communication material including print, web and social media. Responsible for promoting and publicizing exchange and study abroad opportunities, the Advisor will organize and execute exchange information sessions, the Exchange Fair and other promotional events.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A University degree and experience working with post-secondary students;
• Previous experience in international education, with preference in exchanges or study abroad programs;
• Previous experience in establishing and maintaining effective cross-cultural relationships;
• Effective communication and critical thinking skills;
• Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task;
• Strong customer service orientation;
• Proven project management skills;
• Enthusiastic, outgoing attitude with strong promotion/marketing abilities; and
• Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, diverse environment with changing priorities.
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Thursday, January 10, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.