|Vacancy #: AP 83/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Assistant Manager (Research)
Leave The Pack Behind, Community Health Sciences
Term Full-Time (January 2013 - January 2014)
(Job Group L)
Leave The Pack Behind (LTPB) is a grant-funded, comprehensive tobacco control initiative operating on college and university campuses across Ontario. LTPB’s programming provides a platform for applied health research. Project management is organized around Communications, Programming, and Research.
Reporting to the Co-Director/Manager of LTPB, and working closely with the Principal Investigator, the Assistant Manager (Research) will supervise LTPB program evaluation and research. Responsibilities include: supervising administrative staff, research coordinators and research assistants; ensuring program indicators are measured and reported; preparing reports for LTPB’s funders; designing and implementing program evaluation and research protocols; submitting ethics applications to university/college Research Ethic Boards; training and monitoring research assistants during data collection and entry; analyzing data; reporting research results through professional, academic, and lay channels; and preparing manuscripts for peer-review. In addition, the Assistant Manager (Research) may be called upon to: manage specific phases of projects; assist with the recruitment, training and supervision of student employees and volunteers on participating campuses; and liaise with and support representatives of other national and provincial tobacco control initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess
• A graduate degree in health sciences or related discipline, combined with related supervisory experience;
• Research expertise;
• A sound understanding of tobacco control, nicotine addiction, behaviour change theory, and health promotion theory and practice;
• Demonstrated proficiency using SPSS, MS Office programs, and web technologies;
• Superior project management skills ;
• Excellent interpersonal abilities and communication skills (both verbal and writing)
• Fluency in French would be an asset;
• Multi-tasking and strong organizational abilities;
• A valid Ontario driver’s license with willingness to travel and occasionally work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resum&eacute; and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Wednesday, December 19, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.