|Vacancy #: AP 82/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Educational Initiatives Coordinator
Office of the Vice-Provost, Teaching and Learning
Term Full-time (to March 31, 2013 - with possible renewal)
(Job Group I)
Why choose Brock? We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. We share a bold, independent spirit, break the boundaries of academic convention, and view community involvement as crucial to developing well-rounded individuals. If you want to be part of something exciting, then join us.
Reporting to the Vice-Provost, Teaching & Learning, the Educational Initiatives Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of a number of initiatives designed to further enhance Brock University’s teaching and learning culture through a full range of traditional, experiential and innovative pedagogies. Educational initiatives include the coordination of the University’s Spring/Summer undergraduate and graduate course offerings. Other main responsibilities include monitoring, marketing and supporting the University’s e-learning initiatives and monitoring/supporting campus-wide online learning initiatives; providing institutional statistical and analytical data and information support through analyzing enrolment, registration and related academic data; producing both quantitative and qualitative data; develop, market and facilitate student mobility between post secondary institutions, particularly between colleges and universities; creating, monitoring, tracking and reporting appropriate metrics to inform and guide operational decisions and actions; administratively supporting the management of appointments, coordination of meetings, financial operations, budgeting, travel and professional development transfers; coordinating with Office of Marketing and Communications for promotion and marketing of Spring/Summer courses; and developing and maintaining the Office of Vice-Provost’s website.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; background in mathematics, statistics, data management or other quantitative field preferred;
• Accounting and budget analysis skills and familiarity with account IT technologies;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint;
• Advanced Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, functions, formulas, charts), Access skills and ability to work with volume of data (experience with SPSS recommended);
• Demonstrated ability to learn new software and continually acquire new competencies;
• Thorough understanding/knowledge of statistics and relational databases;
• Knowledge of Content Management Systems would be an asset;
• Strong analytical skills in downloading and manipulating data for management reporting (sharp eye for detecting discrepancies);
• Ability to work quickly and accurately with meticulous attention to detail;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
• Good written and communication skills;
• Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner;
• Good writing and presentation skills in preparation of project reports and analysis;
• Good organizational abilities including the ability to set priorities, work independently, manage a high volume of work and competing demands for time;
• Independent and quick-learner with self-initiatives;
• Team player with ability to work across functional boundaries;
• Service oriented approach to addressing the data needs of the office;
• Familiarity with academic information systems (e.g. student services, student advising, recruitment, marketing, residence, etc. would be an asset);
• Knowledge of the Ontario University system, college transfer articulation and experience in an educational setting is an asset.
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Tuesday, December 18, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.