|Vacancy #: AP 77/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Technical Services Manager *
(Job Group N)
* Revised closing date.
Why work at Brock? We’re a university designed for the very purpose of developing well-rounded individuals. We recognize and nurture both sides of the brain — where diverse passions are welcomed and celebrated, and students and employees become better versions of themselves. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture.
Reporting to the Director, Maintenance and Operations, the Technical Services Manager (TSM) will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Cogeneration plant, including the supervision of licensed mechanics, as well as the planning, coordination and supervision of all aspects of various cogeneration shutdowns. The TSM is also accountable for managing and delivering energy audits as well as providing and implementing innovative conservation initiatives as part of the University’s Energy Management and Conservation Demand Plan. Senior management will rely on the advice and direction of the TSM regarding the procurement of natural gas and electricity. This position will plan and coordinate a program of preventative maintenance inspections and facility condition audits. Other functions include project management, support for technical issues, emergency management, and occupational health and safety.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A University degree in Engineering (Mechanical and/or Electrical)
• Certification with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (Mechanical or Electrical) or the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologist and Technicians
• A minimum of five years related experience
• Excellent communication and leadership ability
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Previous experience in preventative maintenance
• Experience supervising trades in a unionized environment
• Experience in budget preparation, administration and cost control
• Knowledge of all applicable health and safety, electrical, fire and building codes
• Computer competency with the ability to work in a variety of maintenance related programs as well as Microsoft Office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Monday, March 18, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.