|Vacancy #: AP 76/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Manager, Electrical Services
(Job Group M)
Why choose Brock? We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. We share a bold, independent spirit, break the boundaries of academic convention, and view community involvement as crucial to developing well-rounded individuals. If you want to be part of something exciting, then join us.
Reporting to the Director, Maintenance and Operations, the Manager, Electrical Services is responsible for the continuous reliable operation and safety of Brock’s electrical distribution systems, fire systems, life safety equipment and other electrical/electronic systems at the main campus and satellite sites. The Manager provides planning, direction, scheduling, coordination and follow-up for a team of unionized electricians and fire technicians, contractors and service professionals to carry out ongoing and preventive maintenance inspections, emergency and demand work requirements. Duties will include: planning and implementing Electrical Team goals and objectives; prioritizing electrical activities in a fiscally responsible manner while ensuring that work conforms to applicable laws, codes and University policies and procedures; providing project management including preparation of Requests for Proposals, as needed, and the administration and organization of projects to completion; planning, coordinating and supervising all aspects of the Campus Power System Operation and Shutdowns; and providing emergency preparedness, response, mitigation and recovery of operations related to the Electrical Team’s duties and activities.
The successful candidate will possess:
• A university degree in Electrical Engineering or an Electrical Engineering Technology college diploma;
• Extensive experience and related technical knowledge (or the equivalent combination of education and experience);
• Be registered in Professional Engineers of Ontario or OACETT;
• Previous related supervisory and leadership experience in a unionized environment;
• In-depth knowledge of all applicable health and safety, electrical, fire and building codes;
• Excellent communication and human relations skills;
• A strong customer service orientation;
• Computer competency with the ability to work in a variety of maintenance related programs as well as Microsoft Office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Monday, December 10, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.