|Vacancy #: AP 75/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Director, IT Infrastructure
Information Technology Services
(Job Group P)
Why choose Brock? We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President &amp; CIO ITS and working collaboratively as part of the senior management team, the Director, IT Infrastructure will be responsible for aligning the technology infrastructure with the overall IT and University strategy to provide integrated, reliable, secure systems and architecture in support of teaching, learning, research and administrative services while managing costs and engaging in best practices. The incumbent works within a highly complex technical environment which serves a diverse and demanding clientele. The Director must ensure integration of systems and services in support of the University objectives and operationalize best practices to maintain a cost effective, client centered approach which understands and responds to the needs of the user community, while working within a business practice model that ensures compliance with appropriate standards, regulations and operating procedures. The core responsibilities of this position revolve around these key areas: Management; Strategic Planning; Human Resources Management; Project and Portfolio Management; Security; and Service Delivery.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Undergraduate degree in a related area (graduate degree an asset)
• Knowledge of computing and technology services – minimum 10 -15 years of relevant experience
• Minimum five years in a senior position leading a diverse, multi-group technical staff
• Experience in the management of financial resources, preparing and following budgets, preparing proposals, policies, analysis, action plans, and presentations
• Thorough knowledge of information technology and best practice in the analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of large, complex business applications
• A proven track record in ensuring alignment of service capacity, flexibility and delivery with both strategic and operational requirements
• Highly developed project management skills and the ability to take ownership of the process in order to keep many competing and high priority projects simultaneously moving forward to a successful completion
• A strong customer service orientation with an appreciation for the importance of planning changes and managing interventions such that disruption is minimized and stakeholders are kept informed
• Ability to formulate and manage complex processes
• Well developed interpersonal and negotiation skills to effectively manage relationships with internal clients, internal and external service providers
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage. Applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.