|Vacancy #: AP 72/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Coordinator of English Language*
Office of International Initiatives
(Job Group K)
*Extended closing date.
Why choose Brock? We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. We share a bold, independent spirit, break the boundaries of academic convention, and view community involvement as crucial to developing well-rounded individuals. If you want to be part of something exciting, then join us.
Reporting to the Manager, Office of International Initiatives (OII), the Coordinator of English Language will provide assistance to the Manager in hiring English Language instructors for the PMPCP program. The incumbent will co-ordinate the activities of the PMPCP/Education English language instructors, provide leadership and oversight with regard to developing co-ordinated and coherent content for and approaches to English Language course materials; focus on curriculum development and evaluation; ensure that a comprehensive and coherent approach to English language education and support exists for the international students in the PMPCP/Education Program; serve on the PMPCP/Education Committee; provide regular updates to the committee with regard to the progress of international students and their English language acquisition with the aim of ensuring that our international students achieve academically; and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A Master’s degree in TESL or equivalent along with a Ontario TESL Certification;
• Five to 10 years of successful experience teaching graduate level academic English to second language learners;
• Two to five years experience in English Language curriculum development at a post-secondary level;
• A sound understanding of the English language needs of international students in a higher education environment;
• Ability to lead in the provision of assistance to students so that they improve their skills in reading, writing, listening, speaking and grammar, as well as in composing academic papers;
• Proficient keyboarding, proof reading;
• Experience in creating meeting agendas, writing minutes, organizing and leading workshops/seminars/meetings;
• Organizational skills, including record keeping and filing;
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimum supervision;
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, take initiative and meet targeted administrative and academic goals;
• Possess diplomatic problem solving skills;
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resum&amp;amp;eacute; and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Thursday, February 28, 2013.
*Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hours per week
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.