|Vacancy #: AP 71/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Manager, Labour and Employee Relations
Human Resources and Environment, Health and Safety
(Job Group O)
We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture. We are looking for qualified people who will bring their expertise and dedication in support of the University’s goals and objectives.
We are seeking an experienced Labour and Employee Relations professional to provide constructive and ethical labour and employee relations leadership and advice. Under the guidance of the Director, Labour and Employee Relations, the Manager will be responsible to provide professional support for the administration of University Collective Agreements, including acting as Chief Negotiator for collective bargaining. Working with HR colleagues and non-HR managers, the incumbent in this position will be a strategic business partner through representation, support and advice on complex labour- and employment-related issues, including the interpretation and application of policies and procedures/practices, collective agreements, and dispute investigation and resolution
The ideal candidate will have:
• A relevant university degree (MBA or MIR preferred);
• CHRP designation with a minimum of 10 years experience (5 years as a Chief Negotiator) in a multi-union complex educational or related environment;
• Hands on expertise in facilitation, grievance resolution, mediation and arbitration process;
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and deliver strategic and tactical objectives;
• Operative, direct and persuasive communication skills;
• Strong people management and relationship building ability;
• Ability to work under pressure and stress and adhere to strict time lines;
• Proven critical thinking, problem solving and analytical capability;
• Effective presentation and training skills.
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Monday, December 31, 2012. (Revised closing date)
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.