|Vacancy #: AP 70/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Manager, Institutional Analysis & Planning
Office of Institutional Analysis & Planning
(Job Group N)
Why choose Brock? We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. We share a bold, independent spirit, break the boundaries of academic convention, and view community involvement as crucial to developing well-rounded individuals. If you want to be part of something exciting, then join us.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Institutional Analysis and Planning to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Institutional Analysis and Planning, this position will aid in providing instructional statistical and analytical data and information support to campus administrators, including senior administration. The information and analysis provided will enable the recipients to make informed decisions based on fact and quantitative data. The core responsibilities of this position include providing leadership and supervision over various data and information projects; analysing and publishing institutional data and related analysis and reports; responding to internal and external data requirements/requests; analysing and interpreting quantitative financial information; supporting the University’s budgeting projections; providing expertise and support to the internal institutional surveys process; providing data and analysis support for academic reviews; conducting market research and survey analysis; actively participating in campus committees; and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A Master’s Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or related discipline;
• Extensive knowledge of statistics, research methodologies and computing;
• Experience in quantitative analysis in a post-secondary educational or public sector environment or equivalent combination of education and work experience in financial and statistical analysis, economics and/or public policy;
• Exposure to and familiarity with two or more of statistical/analytical software, mainframe administrative systems, database systems, internet-based research and research design/project management;
• Proven ability to train and develop team members;
• Strong capability to conceptualize problems and formulate a methodology;
• Strong written and verbal communication capabilities;
• Ability to set priorities, work independently , effectively manage a high volume of work and competing demands for time;
• Proficient with data retrieval techniques such as using relational database for data queries;
• Proven leadership skills which exhibit integrity , trustworthiness, respect, collaboration and team-building;
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships within an organization
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Tuesday, November 13, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.