|Vacancy #: AP 68/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Senior Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources and Environment, Health & Safety
(Job Group J)
Why work at Brock? We’re a university designed for the very purpose of developing well-rounded individuals. We recognize and nurture both sides of the brain — where diverse passions are welcomed and celebrated, and students and employees become better versions of themselves. We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Human Resources (AVP-HR), the Human Resources Assistant provides confidential and professional level administrative support to the Office of the AVP-HR and other members of HR’s senior leadership team, as well as providing general administrative support to the HR Office and coordinating special assignments/activities as required. Self-directed with excellent communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with all contacts, the HR Assistant will exercise sound judgement, tact, diplomacy, and discretion while independently responding to and following up on administrative matters. On a daily basis, the HR Assistant will determine the nature and priority of business and provide substantial direction and information to internal and external contacts by way of in-person, email, and voicemail enquiries. Highly organized in order to effectively manage multiple priorities, the HR Assistant will maintain schedules; coordinate and arrange all logistical aspects of on- and off-campus meetings, appointments, and events; compose and prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, and other documents ensuring confidentiality at all times; arrange travel and accommodation requirements; maintain accurate and confidential files and records; and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A related post secondary degree or diploma with demonstrated ability in a relevant administrative support (executive level support) capacity or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, prioritization and detailed, accurate record keeping skills;
• Ability to interact with a wide variety of people, including people at senior levels of the organization, in many different contexts;
• Capacity to work under minimal supervision while utilizing effective time management skills in order to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities;
• Proven success to take initiative, create efficiencies, and improve processes;
• Knowledge of (or ability to understand/use) Brock University programs/systems, especially HR-EHS specific programs/systems;
• Ability to understand and interpret policy/procedures, and to effectively communicate such to internal and external stakeholders.
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Monday, November 12, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.