|Vacancy #: AP 66/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Undergraduate Program Coordinator/Advisor
Community Health Sciences
Temporary Full-Time (12-month Temporary Replacement)
(Job Group J)
Why choose Brock? We’re one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario, with hundreds of millions of dollars committed to new construction and programs. We’re small enough to be intimate and big enough to attract world-class minds. Located at the centre of Canada's beautiful Niagara Peninsula, Brock offers an exciting work environment with strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary programs and a vigorous research culture.
The Department of Community Health Sciences invites applications for the position of Undergraduate Academic Advisor/Program Coordinator. The Advisor will provide academic advising for the undergraduate Community Health, Child Health, Health Sciences, and Public Health programs. Reporting to the Department Chair, the incumbent will be responsible for advising current and potential students on all program requirements, maintaining student records, assisting with administration and scoring of course evaluations, and assisting with other related administrative tasks such as UPC submissions, academic timetables, part-time budget, teaching assistant allocations, and program communications (newsletters, website management, program marketing). Responsible for representing the department both within and outside Brock University, you will coordinate the departmental presence at the Ontario Universities’ Fair and University open houses, develop articulation agreements, negotiate student transfer credits and act as the departmental liaison as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A related university degree; preference given to graduates of the Department of Community Health Sciences;
• Thorough knowledge of Brock’s Department of Community Health Sciences programs;
• Previous experience in an advising capacity;
• Strong interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills;
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all contacts in an environment where the demand for public service is consistently high;
• Excellent organization, prioritization and record keeping abilities;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, exercise judgment, take initiative and meet deadlines;
• Effective time management and problem solving skills;
• Strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database applications, email, internet search engines and web site management); experience with BEARS and/or DBBROCK and some familiarity/working knowledge of Brock’s Content Management System (CMS) is preferred;
• Familiarity with Brock University’s operating and departmental policies would be considered an asset.
Notes / To Apply :
This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver. Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, by applying online below by Friday, November 2, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.