|Vacancy #: AP 13/2012|
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Director, Institutional Analysis and Planning
Institutional Analysis and Planning
Located at the centre of Canada’s Niagara Peninsula in St. Catharines, Ontario, Brock University is one of a select few Canadian universities with the distinction of being part of an UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. With nearly 600 full-time faculty members, the University offers strong undergraduate, graduate and interdisciplinary degree programs that include co-op and other experiential learning opportunities to a student population of more than 18,000. Along with other capital expansion projects taking place, the Cairns Family Health and Bioscience Research Complex will open later this year and will provide a unique research, graduate teaching, and innovation facility for the Niagara Region. Brock University graduates continue to enjoy one of the highest employment rates of all Ontario universities. The University has seven Faculties - Applied Health Sciences, Business, Education, Humanities, Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences, and Graduate Studies.
Brock has been one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario. This growth, including the significant expansion of the University’s graduate programs, has created a greater demand for institutional analysis and planning to support the University’s strategic direction. Currently, Brock adopts a decentralized approach to institutional analysis and planning with resources housed in a variety of organizational units. This appointment is the first step towards a more integrated and strategic approach to this decentralized model.
Reporting to the AVP Academic and AVP Finance, the Director will assume an active and leadership role on the Advisory Committee on Institutional Data and act as a resource to the University’s Senior Administrative Council. The Director will develop and lead an office that will provide information collection, analysis, and dissemination to facilitate decision making in a variety of areas, including: enrolment management; resource allocation; key performance indicators; integrated strategic planning; outcomes assessment; quality assurance; academic research; and space allocation.
Responsibilities include and/or are related to:
• data governance and policy formulation;
• interpretation of government policy, grant reporting, and survey administration;
• ensuring the integrity, accuracy, consistency, and appropriate/ethical use of institutional data;
• ensuring information and analysis is widely available and communicated to the University community;
• ensuring that broad institutional perspectives are considered in plans and proposals that are developed by all units;
• representing Brock at the Council of Ontario Universities (COU) Council on University Planning and Analysis (CUPA);
• and enterprise Risk Management.
The successful candidate will possess a graduate degree in a quantitatively based discipline, combined with a working knowledge of the university and broader academic environments and a minimum of ten years experience in the management of statistical analysis, institutional research and analysis, planning, policy development, and administration. Equivalent experience in a related research and/or public sector environment will also be considered.
In addition you will bring:
• strong leadership skills;
• resourcefulness, flexibility and responsiveness;
• diplomacy, good judgment and discretion;
• excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills;
• demonstrated statistical, analytical and research skills;
• ability to manage concurrent projects in an environment filled with competing priorities;
• and a comprehensive understanding of university administrative structures/processes and of the Ontario and Canadian post-secondary education systems.
Notes / To Apply :
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online below and attach a resumé and cover letter. The competition will remain open until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin April 16, 2012.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.