|Posted:||Aug 21, 2013|
|Department:||Recreation and Leisure Studies|
|Employment Status:||Fall 2013 (Sept 1 to Dec 31, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:|
The Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies invites applications for a Community Engagement Coordinator for the RECL 4P35 Current Issues in Community Recreation course. This is the “capstone” course for our community recreation students.
• Serve as a liaison between students, course instructor, and community agencies in the municipal, non-profit and private sectors.
• Help to coordinate the development and writing of case studies affiliated with approximately eight community agencies.
The successful candidate will be a dedicated recreational professional with a successful track record in a recreational setting and a strong knowledge of the profession in the Niagara Region.
• Undergraduate degree in leisure studies or a related discipline; post-secondary teaching experience preferred,
• A minimum of three years directly related to the administration and delivery of recreational programming in a recreation setting.
• A strong orientation to community development along with good people skills
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR.
Notes / To Apply :
A letter of application, and a current resume should be forwarded to Sandra Notar, Administrative Assistant, Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies, Brock University, 500 Glenridge Ave, St. Catharines, Ontario, L2S 3A1. Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 23, 2013 or until a suitable candidate is found.
For further information, contact Dr. Dawn Trussell (course instructor) at email@example.com or at 905-688-5550, ext. 4580.