|Posted:||Aug 9, 2013|
|Department:||Graduate Programs, Goodman School of Business (GSB)|
|Employment Status:||Temporary Full-Time (expected end date December 31, 2013)|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
|Grade:||Job Group H|
|Salary Scale:||$37,406 - $51,889 per annum* (effective May 1, 2013) Actual Salary will be pro-rated to reflect term of employment|
Reporting to the Director, Graduate Programs, the Administrative Assistant provides reception and administrative support for the five graduate and two pre-graduate programs currently offered in the GSB: Master of Accountancy, International Master of Accountancy, Master of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (International Student Program), Master of Science in Management, Professional Masters Preparation Certificate, and Certificate in Administrative Studies as well as any new programs to be added in the future. Core duties and responsibilities include: recruiting and admissions support for all prospective students interested in our traditional graduate programs (MAcc, MBA, MSc); assisting with event arrangements; assisting with the arrangement of newspaper ads, information sessions, MBA Fairs, Career Fairs at other universities,and trade shows; maintaining the office filing system and assisting with financial records; maintaining an organized electronic storage model for our financial records; inputting application information, class schedules and all graduate grades to Microsoft Outlook calendar or Brock DB Gradebook or GSB graduate portal; coordinating all scheduling and arrangements for midterm examinations for graduate courses using electronic survey software; and performing other general clerical support duties
• Post-secondary courses including computer applications, office administration, or related courses or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated reception and administrative support experience, preferably in a University environment. Experience working with individuals from diverse cultural and language backgrounds, with at least two years of experience
• Thorough knowledge of standard office computer applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, internet, etc.)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability to work effectively with all contacts in an environment where the demand for public service is consistently high
• Cultural sensitivity when dealing with individuals from various cultural backgrounds
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize own work and work with minimal supervision
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, August 20, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.