|Posted:||Jul 9, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
|Grade:||Job Group G|
|Salary Scale:||$35,625 - $49,419 per annum, effective May 1, 2013*|
Reporting to the Manager, Residence Admissions and Administration, the Administrative Assistant provides front line support/communication for the Department of Residences based in Residence Admissions. Core responsibilities include: directing enquiries to the department website; explaining Residence processes to students and parents; updating department social media communication feeds (e.g. Twitter, Hootsuite and Facebook); maintaining petty cash; tracking cheque requisitions, reimbursements and updating spreadsheets; providing Residence Admissions support by assisting or guiding students with their online application; updating and changing requests; utilizing Kx software to keep up-to-date records and writing simple SQL queries to extract data; uploading deposit charges to BrockDB, processing withdrawals and refunds; working within the boundaries set by FIPPA; and other duties as assigned.
• Completion of college or university program in a related field or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience working in an office environment (preferably in a college or university student services setting)
• Strong understanding of the student experience
• Proficient computer skills and recent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access), Windows XP or higher and SQL
• Demonstrated ability to utilize social media in a professional setting (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to effectively operate in a fast paced environment and solve problems
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work with a diverse range of individuals and have compassion and patience to deal with emotionally unpredictable situations
• Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable and manage priorities
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, July 24, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measure will be addressed confidentially.
* Salary is defined by the OSSTF Collective agreement. New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.