|Posted:||Jun 18, 2013|
|Department:||Instructional Resource Centre - Hamilton Campus|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
|Grade:||Job Group F|
|Salary Scale:||$33,929 - $47,066 per annum (effective May 1, 2013)|
Reporting to the Library and Media Services Coordinator, the Library/Media Assistant performs patron assistance, circulation and clerical duties related to the holdings and services available in the Instructional Resource Centre (IRC). Core duties and responsibilities include: answering incoming telephone calls and in person requests; providing tours of the IRC library and services available; providing instruction to students using the Millennium Library Catalogue System; assisting in access to library resources; maintaining patron records; verifying eligibility for access to resources; charging, discharging and renewing IRC resources; tracks and coordinates IRC resources; assists patrons with supply, laser printing and photocopy services including cash register sales, refunds and error corrections; assisting in maintaining, setting up, troubleshooting and booking of audio-visual and computer playback equipment in the curriculum library; and other duties as assigned.
• A college diploma in a related field (Library Technician or Educational Resource Technician strongly preferred)
• Demonstrated knowledge of library operations and elementary and secondary school curriculum
• Demonstrated knowledge of Library of Congress classification system for shelving
• Strong knowledge and proven experience with online tools and social media
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills and use of various office equipment and audio visual equipment, including basic set up and troubleshooting
• Proven ability to work with Point of Sale systems and cash purchases
• Demonstrated knowledge of Millennium online catalogue, circulation system and select administrative functions (preferred)
• Understanding of the Ministry of Education curriculum requirements (preferred)
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Monday, July 1, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.