|Posted:||Jun 14, 2013|
|Employment Status:||Limited Term Part-Time (9 months), with possibility of renewal|
|Hours of Work:||25 hrs/wk (will work shifts as scheduled; days, afternoons, nights, weekends - will be three 7 hour shifts and one 4 hour shift)|
|Grade:||Job Group F|
|Salary Scale:||$33,929 - $47,066 per annum* (effective May 1, 2013)|
*Actual salary will be pro-rated to reflect hours per week and term of employment.
Reporting to the Residences Facilities Supervisor, the Service Desk Clerk provides service to students, as a member of the staff of a 24-hour service desk, which serves as the main point of contact for the Department of Residences. Duties include providing general information about residence and the Brock campus, and at times the surrounding community; acting as a liaison for all students and for any problems related to the facilities; assisting with key control of masters, sub-masters, and change keys; receiving, prioritizing and inputting residence maintenance work requests and for urgent/high priority requests assessing the situation to determine if there is a need for afterhours/emergency work to occur; processing the residence mail; providing administrative and clerical support to the Residence Facilities functional area; assisting with room inspections at beginning, during and end of terms; and performing other duties as assigned.
• Previous experience and demonstrated ability in a related customer service capacity, preferably in a university setting
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve and provide quality customer service in a courteous and efficient manner
• Proficient computer skills and recent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Windows XP or higher
• Proven ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and organize work under minimal supervision
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to a high energy, and changing work environment
• Knowledge of building maintenance is an asset
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 25, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.