|Posted:||Jun 12, 2013|
|Department:||Student Awards and Financial Aid|
|Employment Status:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week|
|Grade:||Job Group I|
|Salary Scale:||$39,277 - $54,484 per annum (effective May 1, 2013)|
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Aid, the Senior Financial Aid Officer assists students and parents with the process application and funding through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). The incumbent is responsible for administering OSAP by processing applications forms including: editing; data entry; reviewing and adjusting amounts awarded; completing documentation to maintain interest-free status for students; maintaining detailed records; authorizing release of OSAP funds; and requesting refund cheques as required. The incumbent is also responsible for the Adjudication of OSAP appeals, academic progress reviews and restrictions including: evaluating exceptional student circumstances; documenting decisions; notifying students of appeal options; approving or denying reviews within FAA authority based on the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) regulations; calculating review values based on provided documentation; reviewing student progress; and applying restrictions on file as appropriate based on academic progress criteria. Additionally the incumbent is responsible for correcting and confirming problem financial aid files and providing personal financial counseling for individual students; other duties as assigned.
• A University degree and strong demonstrated applied knowledge of OSAP and MTCU policies and procedures
• Superior organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work under pressure in a high volume environment
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to exercise tact, sound judgment, empathy and work with distressed and/or adversarial clients
• Proficient user of computer applications including online database systems (e.g. Microsoft Office, MTCU systems)
• Demonstrated attention to detail and numeracy
• Willingness to update skills and keep up to date on OSAP, MTCU and institutional policies and procedures
• Strong presentation skills
• Supervisory experience considered an asset
Notes / To Apply :
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by applying online below by 4:30 p.m., Monday, July 1, 2013.
It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock University OSSTF applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for an interview.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union.